We provide consultation in Integrative and Functional Medicine as follows:
- At the initial consultation, Dr.Ansari will review your medical history, symptoms and concerns. We want to understand your current way of living, including nutrition, sleep, movement and sources of stress. We will order lab testing based on your symptoms and history and suggest initial lifestyle changes. We will check in with you about a week after the consultation to see if you have any questions about the suggested testing and recommendations.
Case Review including Interpretation of Lab Results and Initial Plan / 60 – 90 minutes
- At the Case Review appointment, we will review your detailed health history, and the results of your initial lab testing. You will receive a written, comprehensive plan (usually 4-6 pages) detailing recommended steps towards healing. This will include changes in sleep, movement, and nutrition, as well as supplements and possibly medication. (Phone or In-Person)
- At Follow-Up visits we evaluate your response to the treatment plan and discuss additional diagnostic testing, supplements, and medications as needed. The number of follow-up visits will vary based on condition. In general, the longer a person has been ill, the longer they may take to heal. (Phone or In-Person)
Lab Monitoring Follow Up Phone Call (about 15 minutes)
- includes ordering and interpretation of lab work, and any adjustment of medication.
Health Coaching / 60 minutes
- Many patients will benefit from meeting with our Integrative Health Coach. Health coaching can help you focus your health goals, find your own motivation to make positive choices for your health and learn stress reduction techniques and refine your health goals.
- Our specialized lab testing is billed through individual lab providers and may or may not be covered by insurance. We will provide any insurance information to lab providers, and if labs are contracted with your insurance directly, they will bill them directly. You will be responsible for any charges not covered by insurance.
Supplements and Medications
- We recommend quality, evidence-based supplements, including herbal medications and nutritional supplements, for most patients.